How To Plan For A Confident Retirement To Live The Lifestyle You Want
Retirement might seem a long way off but the later you leave planning for it, the less chance you have of achieving the retirement you want. We all dream of how we’ll spend our retirement but that dream looks different for everyone.
Some people want to spend more time with their family, while others want to enjoy long holidays and see the world, or simply wish to be financially independent. No matter what your dreams are, they rely on having sufficient pension savings to achieve them and live comfortably.
Specific Retirement Goals
People who associate confidence with retirement are most likely to have specific retirement goals and know what steps they need to take to reach them. But sadly, some people don’t feel confident that they will have enough savings to live comfortably after they retire.
Many people have a fear of outliving their money, but most don’t have a clear idea of how much money they need during retirement. It’s important to remember that retirement doesn’t happen at a certain age, it happens when you have enough money to live on. And having this clear direction and understanding will give you peace of mind that you’re on the right track.
Do You Feel Confident About Your Retirement?
Pensions can seem complex and overwhelming, and there are many reasons you might lack confidence in your retirement plans.
- You might be worried that you’re not saving enough, but don’t feel you can afford to save more
- You might feel ready to retire now, but you’re not sure if you can rely on your current pension savings to provide enough money for the rest of your life
- You might have experienced a change to your financial situation, including life events such as divorce, and have new concerns about whether you can save enough
- You might have previously felt confident about your retirement plan, but the COVID-19 pandemic has derailed your savings
Don’t Suffer A ‘Horrible Shock’
Research shows that there is a significant difference in how confident people feel about retirement based on whether or not they have spoken to a financial adviser. 65% of UK adults who have obtained financial advice say they do feel confident that they will have saved enough for retirement, compared to only 41% of those who have not.
A positive retirement experience begins with a plan designed to help you live life on your terms. Your adviser will ask questions about your finances, personal circumstances and retirement goals, and create a plan that’s unique to you and will help you
reach the retirement you’re aiming for.
Providing Answers To Your Planning Questions
People who know where they’re going and how to get there feel more confident in their retirement plan. Your adviser will be able to answer these key points.
What Do I Need To Know?
- How much you need to save for retirement
- How to save tax-efficiently for retirement
- How pensions work
- The type of pension you should choose
- The right amount to contribute to your pension
- How to boost your pension pot
- How your pension should be invested
- How to withdraw money from your pension
Need To Know All Your Pension Options?
When it comes to financial planning, we listen so that we can fully understand your unique needs. If you don’t feel confident about how your retirement looks, don’t delay. Speak to us to review your options.